This is Corinna Ko-Tung’s reading list prepared for Mrs. Bernard Tai
(aka Kitty Pong) in Kevin Kwan’s China Rich Girlfriend.
Satire? What’s that?
- Julian Fellowes, Snobs
- Janice Y. K. Lee, The Piano Teacher
- Dominick Dunne, People Like Us
- Annete Tapert and Diana Edkins, The Power of Style
- Nicholas Coleridge, Pride and Avarice
- Sterling Seagrave, The Soong Dynasty
- Jonathan Franzen, Freedom (crossed out)
- Diana Vreeland, D.V.
- Gayatri Devi, A Princess Remembers: The Memoirs of the Maharani of Jaipur
- Jane Austen, complete works beginning with Pride and Prejudice
- Edith Wharton, The Custom of the Country, The Age of Innocence, The
Buccaneers, The House of Mirth (must be read in strict order – you will
understand why when you finish the last one)
- William Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair
- Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
- Evelyn Waugh, Brideshead Revisited
- Anthony Trollope, all the books in the Palliser series, beginning with
Can You Forgive Her?
- I shall do an assesment when you have completed these books to see whether
you are ready to attempt some light Proust.
For future reference?