Foyles is great. Why can’t these exist in more places? Does Strand NYC sell
technical / math books?
SF Bay Area has the saddest seafood scene of any water-adjacent place I’ve
ever been. And yet it’s the place I live. How sad.
It only takes a couple days to fill my conversations with “bill”, “cheers”,
“university”, “flatmate”, “lift”, and other such words.
- I think I’ve discovered a secret formula for beating jet lag:
- Travel in the summer.
- Stay in the sun as much as possible, ideally including both sunrise and
sunset. Walk outside. Sit outside if too tired to walk.
- Don’t look at anything bright at night. Stay in complete darkness.
- Exercise on local time, during the non-overlapping part of the day. (For
instance, in London exercise first thing in the morning, in SF last thing
in the evening).
- Always eat on local time. Go hungry if necessary.
- Of course, the usual advice helps too:
- Start adjusting ahead of time.
- Drink lots of water.
- Sleep for as many of your non-daylight hours as possible.